Wednesday 8 June 2011

things changed in japan....it became harder to get access to the 'lighthouses' along the coast & this prompted me to ponder the meaning of 'lighthouse' - also after I discovered 'lighthouse' in kyoto (a centre for the visually impaired)....

a light atop a structure to guide travellers
this places matters of safety alongside distance & closeness
a hoped for sign in the distance
a warning upon coming too close

in practical terms I began to find lights in houses that guided me as I explored Tokyo, Kyoto & the surrounding areas

lights that stood out somehow from the others around them....

many thoughts & feelings....of a personal coming close & feeling far away....looking for guidance, looking for signs of safe harbour inside oneself....self doubt & a gradual process of recovery....

light
house















No comments:

Post a Comment